SHCC ListServ #212: https://conta.cc/30IUGGL
Greetings Owners, Agents, and Site Staff
The HUD Notice we mentioned in our July 16, 2020 email to you was issued today, July 23, 2020. Please fully read the attached HUD Notice H 20 08. HUD has also released a draft version of HUD Form 52671-E, which is the Official COVID Supplemental Payment (CSP) Request Form. We expect the final version shortly, and will send that to you as soon as it becomes available.
Background:HUD has set aside funds from the CARES Act to help eligible Section 8 project owners offset some operating expense increases incurred to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the Coronavirus pandemic. HUD is expected to release a detailed Housing Notice next week on the steps required to submit a COVID-19 Supplemental Payment (CSP) request. SHCC will be processing your CSP requests, and we are currently prepared to expedite your requests in the manner you have come to expect from us.
Eligible Costs:The items below are listed as eligible activities and purchases per Notice H 20 08, page 3:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting common areas and property management offices as a preventative measure
- Intensive deep cleaning and sanitization include treatment in units being prepared for reoccupancy, in addition to common areas.
- Office technology and other equipment needs to facilitate social distancing.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face masks and goggles, gloves, hand hygiene products for use by property management staff and for residents entering leasing offices or using common areas.
- Facility and equipment needs related to maintaining adequate social distancing, including but not limited to cough/sneeze barriers or modifying or limiting access to communal spaces.
- Site control measures to enforce orders to shelter-in-place, stay-at-home orders, or visitor restriction policies within properties.
- Temporary staffing, contract services, and/or supply expenditures to maintain or enhance on-going service coordination in properties designated to serve the elderly or persons with disabilities (excludes grant-funded service coordinators).
- Temporary staffing increases to process higher-than-normal volumes of interim tenant recertifications requested by tenants due to loss of income
Please read the full Notice for further guidance.
What you need to know:
- While not first come, first serve, the deadline for submitting complete claim requests is 11:59 p.m. August 5, 2020. Additionally, once that deadline has passed, CSP requests found to have errors or incomplete documentation must be corrected and resubmitted to SHCC within 2 business days or they will be denied.
- ALL claim submissions must be sent directly to SHCC (not HUD). Please email all submissions and CSP-related questions toCARES@shccnet.org. Given the quick turnaround requested by HUD, submissions must be made electronically and digital signatures are welcome, as consistent with HUD Notice H 20 04.
- Funding is broken into two categories: Tier I (claim requests that are below a HUD-set monetary threshold based on property type and number of units) and Tier II (claim requests that exceed the HUD threshold amount). Tier I claim requests require only the completed CSP Claim Checklist and CSP Request Form (HUD 52670-E), while Tier II claim requests require additional documentation and receipts supporting operating expenses. Other factors considered in the threshold calculation include elderly status, Service Coordinator funding, number of assisted units, cash surplus, MOR/REAC scores, and timely voucher submissions.
- Owners may submit one claim request per Property (scattered-site projects are considered one property), to include all eligible expenses between 3/27/2020 and 7/31/2020. Complete claim submissions will include: A completed and accurate COVID Supplemental Payment Request Form (HUD Form 52670-E), and if the claim is Tier II, paid receipts for items owners expended due to COVID-19.
Note: Once HUD receives and reviews all CSP submissions which were complete as of 11:59 p.m. on August 5, 2020, they will consider whether funds are available based on eligible CARES Act appropriations. HUD may partially fund individual requests in the event of a shortfall. Here is what you must do now to submit a request:
- Continue gathering supporting documentation and receipts for all COVID-related operating expenses incurred between 3/27/2020 and 7/31/2020.
- Check the HUD and SHCC websites frequently for the released HUD Form 52671-E.
Please contact us at CARES@shccnet.org with any questions or concerns.