Rent Adjustments

At SHCC, we realize how important it is that properties’ rents are sufficient to meet their operational needs, while still adhering to the applicable HUD guidelines. Our Financial Analysts will work with you throughout the rent adjustment process to ensure that you understand your options and the requirements associated with requesting an adjustment.

There are several rent adjustment types. Which one you will use depends on the provisions in your HAP Contract. If your HAP Contract is expiring, you will first need to determine under which option you will renew. Visit the Contract Renewals page for details.

There are a few cases in which you may be required to submit a Rent Comparability Study (RCS) during an Amend Rent Only year. See more information on Rent Comparability Studies.

Don’t know which rent adjustment type to choose? Contact your SHCC Financial Analyst.