Special Adjustments

Special Adjustments are granted for increases in Taxes, Insurance and Utilities. They are generally associated with New Construction and Property Disposition contracts. Guidance for Special Adjustments can be found in Chapter 34 of HUD Handbook 4350.1 and HUD Notice 2002-10.


Eligibility is determined by your current HAP contract. If the Rent Adjustment section of your current contract refers to 24 CFR Part 886 or 888, you can request a Special Adjustment. Please note that once a contract renews under MAHRA, the Special Adjustment method is no longer used.

Submission Requirements


See the Rent Adjustments Forms page for more links.