SHCC ListServ #209: https://conta.cc/2XVrdbb
Release date: May 20, 2020 Release Number: HQ-20-146
WASHINGTON – To address the challenges of managing disaster response and recovery efforts during this year’s hurricane season, FEMA has released the “ COVID-19 Pandemic Operational Guidance for the 2020 Hurricane Season ” to help emergency managers and public health officials best prepare for disasters, while continuing to respond to and recover from coronavirus (COVID-19).
The guide provides actions that organizations can take to prepare for response and recovery operations during ongoing COVID-19 pandemic response efforts. Specifically, the guidance:
- Describes anticipated challenges to disaster operations posed by COVID-19;
- Highlights planning considerations for emergency managers based on current challenges;
- Outlines how FEMA plans to adapt response and recovery operations;
- Creates a shared understanding of expectations between FEMA and emergency mangers; and,
- Includes guidance, checklists and resources to support emergency managers response and recovery planning.
Additionally, FEMA is offering four webinars that will help to expand awareness and understanding of the guidance. Please consider registering for one of the webinars. Space is limited so register soon:
Webinar 2: FEMA Adobe Connect10 – 11 a.m. ET on Thursday, June 4.
Webinar 3: FEMA Adobe Connect1 – 2 p.m. ET on Monday, June 8.
Webinar 4: FEMA Adobe Connect3 – 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 10.