Call Center FAQ

How do I go about receiving a Housing Voucher?

Housing Authorities manage Voucher programs. Therefore, you are directed to contact your local Housing Authority for additional information.

May I appeal my eviction notice or lease violation?

Yes, residents are provided 10 days from the date of the notice to meet with management to discuss their lease infraction or vacate notice.

Does SHCC provide legal advice?

No, all Property Management staff and residents are informed that as the Contract Administrator SHCC can only serve to mediate those disputes that could be resolved outside of court when both parties are willing. If a resident feels that the allegation against them is unjustified, they are advised to contact the local Legal Service Office for legal representation.

I submitted a service request and the repairs have not been completed. What is my next step?

Please allow 24 hrs for emergency maintenance and 3-5 days for routine maintenance to be addressed. If the repairs are still not completed after contacting the on-site Property Manager and their Supervisor, please contact SHCC’s Call Center at 1 (888) 842-4484.

I need a larger unit or a downstairs unit, what do I need to do?

Please contact your Property Manager to review the proper procedure for submitting a unit transfer request. If you are eligible for a transfer in accordance with HUD and Property Occupancy Standards, your request will be processed accordingly. This usually requires for you to be placed on the waiting list, if applicable.

I was denied occupancy, what do I need to do?

After receiving the denial letter from the Property Manager, you have 14-days from date of the letter to appeal their decision.


If you have additional questions, please contact the Call Center staff.