SHCC is dedicated to offering competitive salaries and a great benefits package. We pride ourselves on a professional work environment and a customer-service oriented approach to our business. We are committed to providing the needed resources to our staff to maximize efficiency and promote a quality work product that fosters high job satisfaction.
SHCC has been recognized as the #7 Best Place to Work (Large agency category) by the Austin Business Journal. We are also environmentally conscious. Our agency is one of only 28 recognized businesses in Austin that have been awarded the City of Austin WasteSMART designation for workplace accomplishments in reducing waste and buying recycled products.
If you are interested in joining a team of ambitious and innovative professionals committed to serving the affordable housing community, read more below about our career opportunities.
Southwest Housing Compliance Corporation is not currently soliciting applications.
SHCC offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
- Merit Increase- Each employee will receive an annual performance evaluation beginning one year from the date of hire. Employees are eligible for a merit increase up to 4% based on the evaluation.
- Retirement Plans-The Housing Authority pays 100% of your retirement plan (10% of gross income for employees with less than five years tenure, 15% of gross income for employees with five or more years tenure). Employees are vested 20% for every year of employment for the first five years. The Housing Authority also offers two additional voluntary deferred compensation plans through Housing Agency Retirement Trust (HART) and Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company (VALIC).
- Life Insurance- The Housing Authority provides $25,000 of coverage for the employee. Additional voluntary term life insurance coverage may be purchased.
- Health Insurance- PPO Co-Pay health insurance covered at 100 percent for the employee. Additional coverage for family members can also be purchased. The Housing Authority pays 75% of this coverage.
- Dental Insurance- DHMO dental insurance covered at 100% for the employee. Additional coverage for family members can be purchased. The Housing Authority pays 75% of this coverage. PPO plans are also available for an additional monthly fee.
- Long Term Disability- Coverage begins after the employee has been disabled for 90 days. The primary benefit is equal to 60% of your earnings.
- Flexible Spending Accounts- A voluntary program available for employees who wish to allocate pre-tax deductions from your paycheck into an account used to cover eligible medical expenses and dependent childcare.
- AFLAC- The Housing Authority also offers supplemental insurance, through AFLAC, that includes personal accident coverage, critical illness coverage, hospital intensive care protection, and short-term disability.
- Paid Vacation- One day per month for the first three years. Thereafter, leave increases incrementally with tenure.
- Paid Sick Time- One day per month.
- Holiday Pay- 12 holidays per year.
- Personal Day- One day per year.
In addition to the outstanding traditional benefits package, SHCC offers a variety of additional benefits that enhance the workplace experience. These benefits include:
- Employee Recognition Committee
- Employee Wellness Program
- Health fairs
- On-site Fitness Center
- Gold’s Gym Membership with Reduced Fees
- Corporate Toastmasters Club
- Nursing Room
- Prepaid Travel
SHCC recognizes the importance of giving back to our community. Staff have the opportunity to participate in numerous events throughout the year aimed at giving back. These opportunities include:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Race for the Cure
- Semi-annual Blood Drives
- Toys for Tots
- Food Drive